Friday, April 25, 2008

Patience


The wanderer told me of my sons’ uncertainty
However old he is, still my son he is
My heart’s a compass; it senses he’s lost that way
Hang on my son, don’t you fear, I am heading your way
Patience...

Infinite steps I’ve climbed, thirteen hundred of them barefoot
I realise it’s less in me, I pray more for you than for me
In need of eternal strength, I sacrifice more than one o one
Just hang on my son; I will be there for you
Patience...

Oh, please rays of the great Sun, don’t be harsh upon my son
Be upon me if you need to, I swear I won’t sigh
Bless me with eternal strength, bless me with more patience
To the place I will go, just prevent their strike again

I head there fearlessly, least bothered of the aftermath
Even He knows well, there’s nothing that’ll stop me
Soldiers of Osiris step back as I approach
There is nothing that can infect a fathers’ love for his son
Patience...

Since nineteen ninety four, all’s been just obscure
You’re now thirty four; hope you know that she’s no more
God was all I got, faith was all I had
You left for your greed but you left all your deeds
Patience (is all I need) Solace (is all I need)

Oh great Thoth, accept my prayers, shed more light for my son
Be dark upon me if you need to, I swear I won’t sigh
Come back home my dear son, no questions, nothing I ask
I just need one sight of you, before my toes curl down

Come home my son... Please come home my son...
Come home my son... Please come home my dear son...

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2006 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

14 responses:

Khaled KEM said...

Hi Ajey,

This is one of your best songs, correlate perfectly with the picture as well. I like it so much..it brings back memories to me and touches me now as a father.

Opaque said...

Umm, yea the picture for this one is quite straight-forward unlike the others.

I'm glad you liked it Khaled. The fact that it touched you is a compliment. Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is love...I guess I have heard a lot about parental/unconditional love these days, but I wonder if this really exists. I guess I won't know until I am a parent...

Opaque said...

@Meena - Yea, but, I always thought women understood this feel before we men do. Well, just a thought. This one's based on a true story, by the way. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

True story huh...makes it more interesting. It expresses the love well. Maybe women do, again, I'm kinda angry right now...so maybe its a timing thing.

Opaque said...

@Meena - Yes, thank you. Duh, sorry!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome :-)
I do feel a lot of patience from parents, the kind we can never seem to give them back. Maybe its only of the kind that you can pay forward.

Anonymous said...

I recall this one somewhat as well, I think you have posted them! Nehow..it's really good!! Though I didn't get the "Thoth" part...and yea, somehow feels maternal!!

Opaque said...

@Saadi - Yea, you've read this one. Thank you.

sudharm baxi said...

Ajey,

Lovely emotional piece, as always.
And such a perfect picture too.

"Since nineteen ninety four, all’s been just obscure
You’re now thirty four; hope you know that she’s no more"

This was such an unexpected twist in the song. Loved it. I heard a beautiful definition of parent somewhere -

"It is a 'pair' given by God, when the 'rent' would be over, it will be taken back"

Can't return their love in any manner.

Opaque said...

@sudharm baxi - Thank you!!! That's a nice definition of parent(s). Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

I love the emotional depth woven through your words.I like the repetition of the word 'Patience' it seems to bring out the urgency of such.Lovely write, you.


BTW it's raining today!

Opaque said...

@SarahA - Thank you!!!

itsyvitsy said...

Beautiful piece Ajey. I see "love" here, "unconditional love". This is how parents are. Always praying for good things to happen to their children, no matter if they have deserted them. I am really touched. I would relate this piece of amazing poetry with my mother, because she is the one who would do exactly the same things you have so beautifully depicted here. I would like to reiterate - I am really touched.