Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fight against childhood sexual abuse

"I'm raising money this week for one of my girls that is moving into assisted accommodation. she's possibly one of the worst childhood sexual abuse cases i've come across and i'm keen to make her living environs, wardrobe and hygiene essentials etc as lovely and as comfortable as possible. anyway, i'm selling / auctioning this painting for the cause. any offers would be greatly appreciated. 100% of the proceeds are going to helping this girl start a normal life. the canvas is 61cm x 1m, and is gallery depth (doesn't need framing). i'm also donating 100% of the proceeds from the sales of any of my paintings and portraits for the foreseeable future to assist women victims of domestic violence and victims of childhood sexual abuse." - Paula Sinclair 
Paula was my lecturer during my postgraduate course. I have learnt a lot from her about Advertising and also that she is a very passionate person when it comes to the cause she is fighting against. 
Please spread the word and help me support my lecturer in her noble act. Thank you very much!


5 responses:

Strawberry Girl said...

The painting is magnificent! I hope that someone will be able to donate a sizable amount to the cause. Childhood abuse is difficult to overcome and victims need our help and support, thank you for bringing this cause to our attention, I too will post about it on my blog.

The Write Girl said...

This is such a gorgeous work of art and quite captivating. Thanks for sharing this AJ. One suggestion would be to provide a link to her website for more info. Thanks again for a worthy cause.

CiCi said...

Are there already bids on this painting and do you have a link to a site for this artist?

Snaggle Tooth said...

A Noble cause indeed! Good luck on Paula's endevour!

Lady Whispers said...

Child abuse is something I detest from my heart like anything...I wish in the future i could do something for it...but i am proud ur doing something ...I am sure ur painting which is so great wd have had buyers by now :)

Ur truly such a multi talented personality and ur painting proved it more :)