Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Strange people



(Only GUITARS and DRUMS)

This is for them, for all the strange ones
The ones who smile to stab you later
People who need you, they smile and then greet you
And, once they’re done, they show you the door

When you are like them
You sit and defend them
And, when you’re unlike them
You stand and offend

You strange people

You may have seen them, you may know their names too
You just smile and greet them, but you call them your friends
When others do something, something you’ve done too
You stand up in front and preach to them

When you promise that, you’ll do something
You don’t keep your word and act to be strange
And, when you lie, you lie right at her face
And, you simply say, “I did it for you”

You strange people

When you are like them
You sit and defend them
And, when you’re unlike them
You stand and offend

You strange people

Photo by Ajey Padival 
 
Copyright © Ajey Padival 2007 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com) 

17 responses:

magiceye said...

c'est la vie!

The Write Girl said...

Hi AJ,

I feel like we can all relate to these sentiments. There are certainly airs of dishonesty amongst ourselves and our peers. Great writing as always!!

Kay said...

damn politics! :)

nice piece

CiCi said...

We are all strange in some way, it sort of makes life more interesting because we are all so weird. Ha.

Lady Whispers said...

I can so relate to this song....seriously this world is full such strange people....u captured the essence in a way that hits to the point.

m. said...

i think we're all strange people.
xo

SarahA said...

I am NOT liking people, but your words......yes I can like.

LL Cool Joe said...

Probably why I avoid people as much as possible.

Shadow said...

oooo, i know people like this. and i don't like them.....

Anonymous said...

Mirror mirror in your writes !
who are we to say wrong from right ;)

Eva said...

Very true. It's better to be yourself though and stand up for what you believe in then to just be like them.

maaga..... said...

oooh, i like this!

they're people who know and people who don't know they don't know and people who know they don't know and don't say anything to help them :)

peace.

Walker said...

I don't know if i would call them strange people.
Back stabbing bastards maybe but not strange.
I'm strange, or am I weird?
But I have been known to be a bastard once in a while.
I guess that makes me a weird strange bastard.
Shhh don;t tell me mother she may get offended.
I am a loner and have been most of my life and those who care about me know it and leave it at that.

On my terms I can make my world go around and can sync with anyone else i choose to when invited but still on my terms within the others comfort zone.
Harmony.
If you can't feel it then leave it or it will be sour notes every time

Great post as always

Strawberry Girl said...

Those people are too often ourselves and we wonder why we are like that...

Snaggle Tooth said...

Can't believe how often folks have offended me with that deception you write of...So often I've been dissappointed.
But yes, there are times when you must act along- Tho I tend to just state what I think!

I've come to much misfortune due to following (non)friends ill-conceived prodding...

After all, we are inadvertently taught to lie by parents as infants. Doing what brings results is effective.

Strawberry Girl said...

Thought I commented on this one but apparently I haven't. This is an interesting statement, we do strange things sometimes and call it normal... ;)

The Write Girl said...

Hi AJ,

Hope all is well with you. Hope to read another one of your posts soon. Take Care.