Thursday, October 21, 2010

Colours



(Piano INTRO)
(SFX – Thunder)
(Bass BEGINS)

“The colour of rage
Swells up inside me
I change it to become a
Colour of energy and passion
Happiness that I am a part of
The colour that keeps me warm and happy
Becomes stronger
It makes me feel happy
The colour of laughter spreads through
The dark sky
Calm and cool, I feel
Now, here, in this moment of blueness
With crayons in my hand
I craft my life
The slight shade of pink on my cheeks
I am blushing
Colours of life
Red to orange to yellow to green
More than just
Black and white
I see colours too”

(Strings BEGIN)

The purple sun
The pink sky
The yellow night
The blue clouds
The violet moon
The green stars
The white leaves
The gray ocean waves
The bronze sand
The silver snow
The grey rainbow

(Piano SOLO)

Red brings life
Orange brings a smile
Yellow bids goodbye
Green brings envy
Blue brings tears
Indigo brings peace
Purple brings loneliness

Shades of light
Shades of dark

“Both black and white
Blind the sight

Both black and white
Bind the right”

(Bass SOLO)

“A large sunflower cries
A small forget-me-not

A strong and warm beam of sunlight
Comes between the pouring rain”


Photo by Ajey Padival 

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2006 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Song for the Week - This instrumental is composed by Silvio Pfiffner. It inspired me to write this post.  




12 responses:

CiCi said...

Colors are good, don't you think? I like thinking in color and dreaming in color. It makes me feel more alive.

Opaque said...

@TechnoBabe - Yes, they are. That is what I have mentioned in the song.

LL Cool Joe said...

Nice to see you write colour and not color. :)

Lauren Elizabeth said...

My favorite is when you say " I craft my life "
it's soothing the words you write and the why you interpret colors is greatly done :) so meaningful.

m. said...

i would love to hear this.

Strawberry Girl said...

This is one that I find hard to follow as everything is mixed up... its a purposeful study in contradiction.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Fun to see how others compositions can inspire us- n spur us on to a more creativity!
I thought the color list ending with the grey rainbow stated a very bold paradox to reality of color stereotypes we're all used to hearing- n makes these lyrics very interesting.

Jen said...

I like that you channeled the rage into something positive. A rainbow is the perfect symbol.

Lauren Elizabeth said...

haha I wish I could say I have one but I don't! School keeps me so busy I don't have time for one right now, ask me in the beginning of January tho :) I plan to make one then!

The Write Girl said...

I didn't have a chance to comment but this is another stunning post AJ...the colors convey so much meaning. They can be both beautiful and stunning as well as represent darkness and pain. Lovely words as always.

Lady Whispers said...

This is one beautiful colorful post which shows negativity and positivity in one with different symbolisms of color...beautiful :)

P.S. was off blogging so missed out on reading u for long now hope to catch up.

SarahA said...

I like this whole idea/feeling. I actually have a book called 'Colour Therapy' and how colours relate to moods.
'Red brings life
Orange brings ma smile
Yellow bids goodbye
Green brings envy
Blues brings tears
Indigo brings peace
Purple brings loneliness'
I am liking this section; muchly.