Sunday, July 18, 2010

A changed man



(Drums BEGIN + Horns)

The changed man
Between walls

Lying words
That you spit off your mouth
Blindness of your minds
Your guilt is conscious
And, your soul hurts
But, you deny it

(Guitar BEGINS)

The innocent stand
The truth stands
But, the lies 
They laugh and stare  

No matter what is said
No matter what is done
Three things shall remain forever
The sun, the moon and
The truth shall triumph
Again

(WHISPER)
Again

You can burn the witnesses
But, the truth shall not burn in the flames

Why is it?
OH, why it is that a true man suffers to defend the truth
The truth
Heated by its defender
Than opposed by its offender
They smile all the way

(Instrumentals - 2 minutes)

The earth shook
The time of deliverance
Comes close by
The stones from the wall
Fell to the Earth
Faith was restored 


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

16 responses:

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

"the lies they laugh and stare"...such truth! Great stuff you've been writing...keep it coming.

CiCi said...

The title is a good omen. Change is usually good especially if a person is proclaiming self change. I do believe that the truth eventually comes to light. I say do not waste your time on liars. Liars are sneaky and crafty. I can have a kind heart for someone and at the same time I know they are not good for me to be around so I decide to avoid liars. Your post reminds me that innocent people suffer at the callous hands of liars.

Strawberry Girl said...

I love the comparisons here Ajey, fantastic allusions... ;)

Eva said...

Truth always wins out, and it is the marking of a strong person. This was powerful and full of strength and resistance to giving in.

Nadege said...

hey AJ, this song is very spiritual: you burn the witness
but the truth shall not burn.

and - Faith is restored.

you meditate on righteousness.

findingmywingsinlife said...

Interesting..for some reason this poem reminded me of the eclipse we talked about. I'm sure you remember it. I think it must be your reference to the Sun, the Moon, and the Truth...

I do think this one is extremely good and has alot of substance to it. Keep at it. You know, for someone who doesn't care to read much, you certainly do know how to write ;)

Opaque said...

@Noelle - Thanks

Opaque said...

@TechnoBabe - Yes, I despise insincerity myself.

Opaque said...

@Strawberry Girl - I knew you would like this one. Thanks!!!

Opaque said...

@Eva - Yes, it does. Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@Nadege - That I do. Thanks!

Opaque said...

@findingmywingsinlife - I know what you are referring to. Yes, it is based on that too.

Oh, thanks!

The Write Girl said...

Amazing piece AJ. There is a constant battle between good and evil. I can see how your latest work ties into the theme of resurrection. The last stanza is riveting.

Wendilea said...

Very powerful, though I can't say what is The Truth, as I tend to live in the gray and the older I get the less I know with any certainty. I do appreciate beauty though and so I am appreciative here.

Opaque said...

@the Write Girl - Thanks! Yes, there always is and always will be.

Shadow said...

aaaah, this one i have to love! the truth comes out, sooner or later...