Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dark Flame



(String INTRO)
(Piano SOLO)
(Drums and Guitar Begin)

There is a world of darkness
It is called the abyss
Where shadows dance on the wall
As nightmares that show their ugly faces in broad daylight

(Guitar and Keyboard DUAL)
(TEMPO -)

There is where I fell
The darkness engulfing me
As I sought to find answers
Where they wouldn’t be found

(Guitar solo)
(TEMPO +)
(DUAL VOCALS)

The tears and the fears
Mixed through the years
I couldn’t find answers though sought

I fell on my knees
I fell on my face
The pillows caught questions distraught

I seemed to see it

(Piano BRIDGE)

The hills and the mud
The rocks and the flood
Where mystical mortals would tread
They never!
No! Never found answers there
They fell and were solemnly dead

(Strings SOLO)
(Strings and Guitar DUAL)

They tread, through the questions
They tread through the pain
they sought for redemption
Crying the name
The name it was silence
The name it was fear
The name was spoken through all of the years
The darkness knew the name
And the darkness would put out the flame

(Guitar SOLO)
The name it was silence
The name it was fear
The name was spoken though all of the years
The darkness knew the name
And the darkness would put out the flame

(Instrumental FADE OUT)

Photo by Ajey Padival
Copyright © Annie Melissa Cameron 2010

8 responses:

Eva said...

This one was incredible. Sometimes the darkness can overwhelm everything that we feel and everything that we are. I could feel myself drowning in these words. I've been able to relate to what you are saying quite a bit lately.

We keep seeking for redemption. It is a long and weary path, one that at times seems impossible.

CiCi said...

I missed your post before this one and I feel like I missed something. This post is heart wrenching.

Lady Whispers said...

wow this was so good.
And so true sometimes darkness indeed takes over us and u described that feeling perfectly when we r lost in it.
Good work.

island of peace said...

simply fantastic. wonderfully written ajey

island of peace said...

simply fantastic. wonderfully written amit.

itsyvitsy said...

I see a series of negativity in three post including this one and the past couple. Everyone goes through a really bad patch. I was going through one a couple of months back where I only sought answers and none would come. I felt I was in the darkness, the abyss that is referred to. I thought "this is it"! I relived those horrific days as I read this piece. It is amazing as much as it is sad.

island of peace said...

sometimes "letting go" and giving life some time to sort out its questions works the very best.

Walker said...

The darkness smothers everything, good and evil