Thursday, July 7, 2011

Starless Sky


(Piano INTRO)
(SFX - Rain)

With a flask of wine
I lie here down below
The light of the good works shine
As the winds of tribulations blow

(Bass + Violins BEGIN)
(Drums BEGIN)

Golden reflection through my eyes
And, I stare at the sundown 
The artist knew the faces 
They were all his own

All he does...
(Drums BREAK)

All he does is stare at the sky
The icy blue sky turns to grey
All he does is stare at the starless sky
He can't do much
So he holds the book closeby

(Drums RESUME)
(Guitar SOLO)

Bidding goodbye to his old friend 
The one that we call charity
But, he leaved behind
A legacy to remember

The home made of bricks
And, an old tuned guitar
He teaches her tricks
With a deck of cards

With the flame burning inside
The rage charges through
She stood beside me
And, the time just flew

A rose on her birthday
A kiss to make her day
A bouquet full of memories 
She leaves behind and moves on

So, now, 
All he does... 

(Drums BREAK)

All he does is stare at the sky
The icy blue sky turns to grey
All he does is stare at the starless sky
He can't do much
So he holds the book closeby

(Drums RESUME) 

And, all he does
Is paint all his memories down
She might have passed on
But, in his heart she is forever alive

(Guitar SOLO)

She's not dead, he says
Just moved on, he says
I wish to see her again, he says
I will see her again, he says

No matter the starless sky
He loves her
And will forever 


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com) 

7 responses:

Lady Whispers said...

I loved this one !
The pain of the departure....the love in the heart....the vaccum inside and the lone u with the memories....this one said it all....the symbolism of death and moving on keeps lot to the readers imagination too...nice :)

And i love the chorus para...I could actually sing it :)

I am visiting ur blog after long....but just been so busy that I hardly blog too....but ur song are so beautiful...that i am sure I am gonna be regular now on :)

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Ajey...this is great...I feel the loss here of the one left behind.

Snaggle Tooth said...

A beautiful piece! Good imagery, n a clear story to tell us why he stares at the sky- Reminds me of me!

Shadow said...

these lyrics are amazing!!!!!!

The Write Girl said...

So very inspiring AJ. One of the best I've read from you. Amazing love story of longing and beauty.

Cynthia said...

Oh Ajey, this is one of your best and a favorite of mine. I can hear
the haunting ode of a love sond
melody in my head.

Cynthia said...

Oh, this is one of your best Ajey.
I can hear the haunting ode of
a love song in my head and it
breaks my heart.