Sunday, May 4, 2008

Knowingly unknown


As I clear my shoulders off my greying hair,
I feel more like a loner amongst these duos
I vacate to locate someone similar but find rings on all’s fingers
A glance and I‘m instantly shook, is it you?
Been eighty four months and we meet here?!

Do you recall the times we spent together? I know, I do
Do you miss the times we spent together? I surely do
Do you want to get back together? I do
Do you want to be together forever? I surely do

Incomprehensible is this resistance, this hesitance,
Pushing me away from you now
We see, but don’t seek an opportunity to speak,
Several pending things to talk about but we choose to linger
How are you? Umm, where have you been? You haven’t changed.
Blue still looks good on you
I believe you too have the same things to ask and say as well
Show me a sign, even a sigh to acknowledge. At least feign it to me.
Ah! You haven’t changed
We need to open up but still remain unopened
You wipe and sip on your empty glass
And, I sub-consciously nod amidst the mass
As we still see each other, umm, do we?

Now, do you recall the times we spent together? I know, I do
Do you miss the times we spent together? I surely do
Do you want to get back together? I do
Do you want to be together forever? I surely do

As usual let me start, I never lied back then, I hope you remember
I could never forget the way you stood up haven misunderstood
Probably, you should have bothered to ask
No! probably, I should have bothered to justify
I only wanted the best for you; you know that, don’t you?
I wonder about my past with you
You tell me; was I beside or aside you?
I need some zest to clear this off my chest
But I just cannot utter, being assiduous, I guess
I am mouthful of questions yet speechless

Do you recall the times we spent together? I know, I do
Do you miss the times we spent together? I surely do
Do you want to get back together? I do
Do you want to be together forever? I surely do

It has been hours and we still stay eager but unwilling to speak
Knowingly unknown is how we continue this activity
If you are, then avoid the shyness, is it privacy we seek?
Behaving so insults our affinity, don’t you realize?
Let’s stop us involuntarily drawing circles
This mute, worthless, restless obnoxious gap between us must be filled
This wide lacuna of vehemence truly needs expressing
This space now seems like the horizon, don’t you think?
Unable to withhold myself, I decide to stop this perjuring amidst us
I stand up as you look towards me
But, not at me
And I am eclipsed...

I: Excuse me...
He: Yes?
She: Err... Hi, this is my husband

It is all about you and nil about me, yet again
Remember? I plucked off the thorns but you complained of it missing
Remember? I burnt to lit the path you went pass and never complained
I wanted to fill the gap which you just closed
I recalled and missed the times we spent together
I wanted to get back and be together forever
Surely, I did. Surely, you did not.

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2006 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

20 responses:

Khaled KEM said...

Procative title Ajey.

I like it. I do not know about the rhyme in that one. Seems more poetic than a song. Maybe I am wrong.

I do not criticize your work brother. You are a poet that have his own style, experience, and vision. I just share some of my thoughts.

I do not write songs in English (only in arabic or french) but I enjoy yours and you make me curious and I even try to sing them myself.

Keep going...

Make Me Disappear said...

Well, as I said, had I read it before, I would definetly be in the crowd.
It's absolutely speechless

-Respect

Anonymous said...

Wow,
Ok, that made me really sad because I thought he would say something and then they would manage to make it work. I guess what saddens me about it is how we all do this at one point, not let go when the the other person clearly has.

It is poem like, but I think it would be a lovely slow song - do you have this put to music?

Opaque said...

@Khaled KEM - Thanks a lot. Sorry for the delayed response, heh. Umm, yea I wrote this primarily as a song, but then I think you could call it a poem too.

Opaque said...

@Make Me Disappear - Thank you

Opaque said...

@Meena - Oh, thanks for reading and appreciating it. Umm, no, I haven't added any music to this one. But, I shall let you know once I have done.

Anonymous said...

I remember this one!!! Brilliant title and even better work!!This was the first time I read something from you, I think!
It was either this or "Below 100 Upon 14"...nehow!! I loved how you once again took something that happened in real and into a song!
Thumbs up!

Opaque said...

@Saadi - This was the second one you read from me. This was the one that got me my first readers. No one ever replied to "Below 14 upon 100".

Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

i am speechless.. seriously.. i just loved it.. one of ur best songs.. the way the story unfolds as the song goes on is fantastic!
ps: the story reminds me of someone I used to know, same thing happen to him 3 years back!

Opaque said...

@Anushya - Thank you. One of my best, eh? Okay.

Anonymous said...

Reading this I can feel you. The way she is written is just you. The old head on young shoulders.I am not very good with words and explaining what I mean, but I am sure you understand.

Opaque said...

@SarahA - Yea, I get what you mean. Thank you!!!

Diya said...

This seemed more like a poem to me. Got ur affinity fr Q & A :)
Loved it, it made me tingle.
Self reflection I hope not... but feel so... Definitely i feel something. What i dont know, need you 2 clarify this...
This is definitely amongst the best of your creations, the ones I like. :)
AAh I just cant express how I felt, leave it... thats it. :P :)

Opaque said...

@Diya - Yea, you could consider this a poem. Umm, I always took this as a prose more. Thanks!!!

zorlone said...

This one is hurtful... Damn memories! How I hate to recall those good times. Just makes me feel more... arrggghhhhh!

Brilliant work Ajey! We were in the same boat. hehehe. At least now we were able to write about it and have other people appreciate the work.

Z

Opaque said...

@zorlone - Ah! Thanks mate!

thoughts said...

once you walk past something in life, its too tough to get back.

Opaque said...

@thoughts - Yes, you áre right! Thanks for reading!

island of peace said...

tough, but if you are sincere you can always make it back there :) :)

Opaque said...

@island of peace - True! Thanks, again!