Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tinted glass


I have been raised now
From the dust, and the rust
Breathes life into me
So, I’ll dig your soul out

(SFX – Waves)
(Guitar + Bass begins)

Pacing under the sea
I find as I see
The corals and the pearls
The sleeping reef beneath
And, frozen eyes of that someone
That sees me
Stares right into me
Spares my life once more

(Bass Bridge)

As I tried to hold him
I tried to control him
I’ll shatter the deflecting mirrors
To stop its deceiving manners
Strap him closer to me
Closer than last time
Tightly fasten my armour
Gently loosen my dream

(Drums begin)

This soul is a tinted glass
When one is shining
The other one is drowning
This soul is a tinted glass
And, we try to see the two sides of me
But, we can’t

(Drum solo + Sitar strokes)

The two rings battling
Around the same old thing
They fight for something
That little nothing
You torch my orbit
To see eternity
To reach that some place
That no one has ever seen

(Drum Fill)

This soul is a tinted glass
When one is shining
The other one is drowning
This soul is a tinted glass
And, we try to see the two sides of me
But, we can’t

(All instruments stop except Drums)

Try to
See me

Try to
See me

Try to
See me

Try to
See through me


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2009 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by nilobrajovicthd
Edited by Ajey Padival

18 responses:

Strawberry Girl said...

Amazing! This is so unique darling, as always you've hidden aspects of the song so well that it takes quite a few readings to try to grasp your meaning (and then you throw out a straightforward song and have us all scratching our head thinking that there must be a hidden meaning...)

The first stanza is a perfect introduction for the next. Raised from the bed of the sea, pried (or dug out)... the pearl. The imagery of your words brings to mind the undulating waves, flashing light in the sun. The repetition in the end brings to mind the crashing of waves against the shore.

A masterpiece darling!

Eva said...

Your words are beautifully poetic. This piece has unbelievable imagery."The soul is a tinted glass, when one is shining the other one is drowning" I love that part.

itsyvitsy said...

Ajey,
I am simply blown away by this piece. Oh! This is the best one I have seen anywhere for long. My understanding tells me that it is about a person and his reflection (of course, not the literal meaning of reflection to be taken here) being at war with each other. There are two sides of this person, and there are none to see this or see through this. Really beautiful.

Hey, would you please visit my blog. I wrote one recently (Crumbling Stones). I think you missed it.

BloggerMouth said...

Ajey,I love the usage of we in the lines "We try to see two sides of me but we can't".

Seeing through a tinted glass... you need more than eyes for that. Great song.

Anonymous said...

There is always more to a person, than what is seen.I am thinking, your words reflect such.
'Tightly fasten my armour
Gently loosen my dream' My fav of the whole.

Opaque said...

@Strawberry Girl - Sweetheart! You are spot on! Muwah! Muwah! I am proud that you identified the "wave" like effect in the song. Muwah! I am glad you loved it! Muwah!

Opaque said...

@Eva - Thanks, a lot!

Opaque said...

@Vittaldas - Yes, Vittal I read your piece and left a comment as well.

Thanks, so much!

Opaque said...

@Blogger Mouth - Yes, you sre right. Thanks!

Opaque said...

@SarahA - Thanks, I am glad you spotted that.

Shadow said...

we all have a hidden part. one that is ours alone. do we ever really share all of ourselves...

Judith Ellis said...

Beautiful, Ajey! Thank you.

Josephine said...

Ajey,
There is a lot that you said here about the complexity of the human soul... sometimes our own journey is to find out what we really are...
Excellent write!!
-Alex

island of peace said...

simply awesome.

Opaque said...

@Shadow - A good point made. Thanks for reading.

Opaque said...

@Judith - Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@Alexandra - True! Thanks!!!

Opaque said...

@island of peace - Thank you!