Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dry Eyes



My eyes blinked as I listened to the shots in the air. My jaws twitched, my lips clenched and as I buried his face in my chest, memories came alive.

In my attempt to give him strength, I shivered in agony.  

There is nothing more agonizing than an untold story, an incomplete wish, an unachievable dream, an unappreciated deed and an unacknowledged act. 

Just like how one's statue is carved out of marble, one's personality is carved out of agony.

His palms grew numb as I cling on to them. I gave him strength, and so did he. He was all I was left with. Although being with him meant buying back memories that I wanted to move away from, he was mine too. 

Dressed in black, but this time without a smile, I sat there pale and lost. Memories is all we are left with in this life. 

These dry eyes filled with emotion needed a hinge to open them.
  

...........................................


Reality strikes. Reality bites. Blue turns to dark blue. And, I was undone. 

Life is only theoretically simple. But, we find it hard to live. The sad part is that we understand life better when we look at it backwards. Too bad, we need to live it forwards.

Life’s moments are not a celebration. They are a commemoration. 



Photo by Ajey Padival 

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)


Song for the Week - It might be hard for you to believe that the words that you just read were inspired from this edited bit of instrumentals by John Petrucci. Please use the player on the top left hand side of my blog to listen to the tune. If you have any issues listening to it, do e-mail me and I shall send you a copy of it. It is a must-listen! 

Be sure to mute the Classical Piano Player below "Followers" widget. And, be sure to wait until the song loads.



18 responses:

Shadow said...

well ajey, this post suits my mood perfectly this day... 'personality carved in agony' what a line!

Wendilea said...

A splendid post, a beautiful gaze to soften the reality.

SandyCarlson said...

Incredible. Thank you.

Opaque said...

@Shadow - Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@Wendilea - Yes, it is. Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@Sandy - Thanks!

CiCi said...

In my opinion, Ajey, this is one of the best if not the best post I have seen on your blog. This is really great writing. The flow is excellent and the phrases are catchy but still compelling. You say so much in these sentences.

Cynthia said...

As usual your wisdom is a joy
to read within your prose and
your songs.

Strawberry Girl said...

The emotions are vivid and perceptible, yet there are a few lines that could have been rewritten for clarity.

Still, this is a powerful and beautiful observation.

Opaque said...

@TechnoBabe - Thanks so much!!

Opaque said...

@Cynthia - Thanks!!!

Opaque said...

@SG - Thanks!! I reckon everyone have their own style of writing. Their appeal is subjective.

Eva said...

"we understand life better when we look at it backwards. Too bad, we need to live it forwards"

Those words made me pause. There is so much truth to that statement. Wonderful piece, as always.

Opaque said...

@Eva - Thanks so much!!! I realized quite some time back. The instrumentals reminded me of my thought.

findingmywingsinlife said...

hmmm...forward and onward with a pocketful of reflections to learn and to remind us of how to live as we take each step of time that moves ahead.

You have made your points strikingly clear here :)

The Write Girl said...

I'm amazed at how you were able to write this story from the song. I am quite impressed and love the creativity you cultivated here AJ.

Opaque said...

@findingmywingsinlife - Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@The Write Girl - Yes, I deduce words from instrumental sections a lot. Thanks!