Friday, January 2, 2009

Change


(Keyboard solo)

She stares at the blinds
In images in her mind
She finds herself helpless
She can do nothing but sigh

She excuses herself and he leaves her to be on her own
Where she hides and she thinks about the last
Her past haunts as she walks across the bright silver chair
They stay quiet and to each other they stare

She stares at the album left in the dust
As she tries to get hold of her life in despair
But it seems so unfair

And nothing she says, can undo the change
And nothing she says, can redo (the change)

I bow down to You for an all new start
And life from that cold lifeless frame

Gone with the ashes
And left with all but just dreams
All to a better place
Leaving us with the pain
Absence of her is still known
Her presence will be felt
Until life’s ends shall meet

(Guitar solo)

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2004 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

16 responses:

Khaled KEM said...

I like your poem, hope that we follow each other blogs.

Take care

Dave King said...

A brilliant title for a blog, and the blog lives up to it. I am very impressed.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderfully eclectic and fascinating collection of posts here. Cheers.

Opaque said...

@Drive thru - Thanks. I most definitely will.

@Dave King - Thanks mate.

@maekitso - Thanks mate. I am following your blog. I hope you shall too.

Anonymous said...

hey this one is my personal favourite of all of ur songs.. simply amazing!

Saadi said...

I don't recall seeing this one ever before!! It's haunting in a beautiful way...more of a poetry than a song but still great stuff!!

Opaque said...

@Anushya - Thanks a lot!!!

Opaque said...

@Saadi - Yes, I put this up in the community when you were giving your exams. So, you must have missed it.

Thanks!!! I am glad you liked it. Frankly, one of my personal favourite ones.

Viji said...

Gone with the ashes
And left with all but just dreams
All to a better place
Leaving us with the pain
Absence of her is still known
Her presence will be felt
Until life’s ends shall meet

Change... it hurts.. yet the optimism in thinking "until life's ends shall meet"

lovely Ajey...

Opaque said...

@Viji - Yea, someone's optimism made me write this. I appreciate you identifying that.

Thank you!!!

sudharm baxi said...

I have seen people turning happy at such a grave loss in reality.
Foolishly mean.

Nice piece, with real love expressed in the ultimate line about the ultimate meet...

Opaque said...

@sudharm baxi - True!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

I actually read this two ways Ajey.
One an end of a relationship, the other the end of a life here and now.Or maybe it's just the end of anything.Everything seems to come to an end at some point.
It's just that last verse seems to highlight an actual physical death more.
But I like that it can be read (to me)in different ways.
Ajey I am thinking, you need to wear Daisies in your hair, take a happy pill and swim naked in the Sea.
(Did I make you smile?)

Opaque said...

@SarahA - You did make me smile. Thanks for reading.

thoughts said...

simply heart tugging.

Opaque said...

@thoughts - I will be re-releasing this one soon with some changes. Thanks!!!