Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life is never unfair

Some days
I just ask myself
What am I?
Where am I going?
My thoughts define me
I know I am heading somewhere
But, peace
Are light years away

(Drums begin)

My days are like the petals
Sometimes they blossom
Sometimes they wilt away
I know I need to get lost
To find my way again
I need to remind myself
Of the road I have taken now
So, that I can walk back home
To me

(Piano SOLO)

While the ocean is
The river’s goal
Happiness is
Mine
I am a drop
That makes the water
That makes the river
That moves to the ocean
Perhaps, there I could
Find my happiness

No matter what the tide
You must enjoy the ride
Don’t be let down
You’ll be pushed to the side
You’ll break down and cry
But, don’t ever be let down
There is a lesson to be learnt
Life gives us choices, so
Life is never unfair


Photo by Ajey Padival 
Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)


16 responses:

The Write Girl said...

This is such a deep and moving piece AJ. I feel a lot of inspiration and wisdom here. Your last lines are brilliant "life is never unfair." We have choices in our own lives and should make the most of our time on earth. Great writing here!!

Strawberry Girl said...

Yes there are always choices that is what makes the journey so hard at times and yet so full of potential for reward. The choices we make can lead to happiness or misery... and there is the difficulty...

island of peace said...

I almost completely agree. Life is almost never unfair.

Its another jewel in your crown.

very, very beautiful and deep.

wish you the very best.

CiCi said...

For me, I can't be looking for my happiness out there, outside of myself. For true happiness starts inside me and radiates out. I make my choices and sometimes my choices aren't the best but then I make another choice and I learn from the ones that aren't wise.

Opaque said...

@The Write Girl - Yes, we have agencies to choose from. So, it is entirely up to us.

Opaque said...

@Strawberry Girl - Decisions are comparatively easier to make than sticking to them, don't you think?

Opaque said...

@island of peace - Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@TechnoBabe - I readily agree.

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

These words speak to me on such a deep level....no matter what the tide you must enjoy the ride - so wise!! and yes, my thoughts define me too so I must be careful of what I let my thoughts say..

Lady Whispers said...

I can so relate to this song.....is was like someone was expressing my inner thoughts.....and I like the positive culmination....beautiful :)
Life is hard and its sometimes soft and that's makes the journey of real life!

Eva said...

"While the ocean is
the river's goal
Happiness is
Mine"

That said it all. Sometimes our goals can seem vast and unattainable, but if we follow our path without wavering, we can reach them.

Opaque said...

@Noelle - Thanks.

Opaque said...

@Scribbling Girl - Thanks

Opaque said...

@Eva - True. Thanks!!

Shadow said...

its a wise person who says that life is what it is, it's us who make the choices... well written!

Shadow said...

its a wise person who says that life is what it is, it's us who make the choices... well written!