Monday, March 1, 2010

Careless Wind


(Flute INTRO)
(Bass begins)

The man whispered to a man
“You’ve remained unseen”
I’ve been in the light and in the dark
I’ve been in between

(Drum + Guitar begins)
(Background Strings + Flute Throughout)

The bottle with a message
Brings thoughts in its way
My message through the wind
Doesn’t go away
It doesn’t go away


Eyes looking outside with thoughts buried inside
I am unknown to me
All of us are the same here
It is us and it’s them

(Drum Fill)

The bottle with a message
Brings thoughts in its way
My message through the wind
Doesn’t go away
It doesn’t go away

The cracked bottle
The crimson sea
The message is gone
It is us against us again now
It always has been

The bottle with a message
Cracked open in its way
The careless wind
Doesn’t take me away
It doesn’t leave me away

(Drum Fill then stops)
(Flute Solo)
(Guitar Solo with Flute Background)
(Drum Begins)

I see us in them
They are no different
The wounds on the body
The scars in the soul
But, we’re here to survive
We’re here to survive

(Drums pause)

The man whispered to a man
“You’ve remained unseen”
I’ve been in the light, I’ve been in the dark
I’ve been in between

(Drums start)

I’ve been in the light, I’ve been in the dark
I’ve been in between

(Flute Bridge)
(Guitar Solo)
(Flute + Guitar Dual EXTRO)


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by Lamartes

27 responses:

The Write Girl said...

AJ this is such an intriguing piece filled with layers of meaning. I enjoyed reading your latest post. Thanks for sharing.

Strawberry Girl said...

This seems to be a man who is still searching for himself even after going through many trials. Though it is difficult to discern the meaning of his life, fundamentally he is trying to survive like us all.

Brilliant as always!

Chhaya said...

first of all, plz accept my apologies for not being able to visit you.. you know how crazy life has been for me. I m going to read the posts that I missed while I was gone..

this one , to me feels like a picture of struggle for identity and at the same time I feel the chaos in it. it also reminds me of mindless killings and messages of love and peace being lost..

It has many layers... each telling a story.
Awesome one, Brian :)

I will come back for previous posts, very soon

Walker said...

Very good.
Trying to send yourself a message in a broken bottle is like not wanting to hear news you don't want to hear

island of peace said...

Beautiful. as always.

Judith Ellis said...

Yes, we are indeed the other, aren't we? The other who looks back at me.

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

I have been in the light, I have been in the dark, I have been in between....I love this!!!!

Kat Mortensen said...

Ajey, I like the feel of this—the bottle with the message, but what does the message say? Tell me.

Excellent.

Kat

(Thanks for your loyalty, my friend.)

Lady Whispers said...

wow this was brilliant...
I have been in dark....i have been in light....i have been in between!
It says it all !
Keep writing!

Nikki... said...

I don't know why, but this feels like a struggle - with oneself, with the world.. Subdued dreams and wishes, Living a life far removed from the heart..Reaching out, but finding no anchor

Opaque said...

@the Write Girl - No worries! And, thank you.

Opaque said...

@SG - Honey! Yes, again, you have hit the nail on the head! Muwah! Muwah!

Opaque said...

@Chhaya - O k a y! Thanks.

Opaque said...

@Walker - Exactly Walker!

Opaque said...

@island of peace - Thanks

Opaque said...

@Judith - True!

Opaque said...

@Noelle - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Poetikat - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Scribbling Girl - Yes, it is the summary! Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Nikki - You are close! Thanks.

Eva said...

I know I'm not the first to point out this line in the comments, but it was amazing. "I've been in the light, I've been in the dark, I've been in between" sigh. that explains everything inside me right now. This was wonderful.

itsyvitsy said...

I see a man who is trying to reach out to the world. He wants to be heard but people keep ignoring him. Everyone around seems to be hearing each other out, but he somehow thinks that he is being singled out. Everyone around him is being heard and care for, while he is left to fend for himself. He wants to figure if it is his own fault or are there more who think like him.

Amidst all the disappointed and what he thinks about injustice being meted out to him, he continues to live and he must live on. I hope I am close to the seed of this song!

Beautiful lines. I love the way you make it look effortless writing all those fabulous lines.

Opaque said...

@Eva - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Vittaldas - You are close! Thanks!

Josephine said...

Ajey,
Reaching out is not always easy. The truth we know is not always understood by the others. Excellent write!!
-Alex

Saadi said...

The part after the flute solo is really good!! Loved that bit!!!

findingmywingsinlife said...

Very moving, I can relate to this one. We always have a way of hiding ourselves from ourselves don't we? The search for who you are is often times the hardest, yet most enlightening journey to take. Well said Ajey, well said.