Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trials and Failures



I believe people give up when they have failed to realize how close they are to success. There are two different kinds of personalities you will find around you. Take a look around. You will find people who fall into the puddle of mud. Then, there are ones who lay there in it.

I have never ever given up on anything OR anyone. To be brutally honest, there is only one factor I have given up – fear. This makes me even stronger. I realize and clarify my goals, switch on the fog lights and head towards the path I lay down towards attaining them. I keep a realist expectation for a detour because the key is to keep the goal on sight but be open-minded on routes to reach them. Of course, ethics is a constant here.

I have been told I am quite courageous. To me, being courageous is the determination that keeps you going despite being certain that you are going to lose. Courage is not necessarily the roar from within, but I reckon it is the whisper that speaks volumes from within that “you are not finished, keep going on”.

As living beings, we plan many things for ourselves. Not all go the way we anticipate them to go. Personally, I have not faced many failures. When failures strike, it is quite normal to get disheartened. Some might even lose their zeal in life.

I am a firm believer of a well-known saying that “if God closes one door, He opens another”. By the way, my scientology readers, this is possible even by the laws of physics. You can stop rolling your eyes. I would like to think that between the two doors, the two choices, that are offered there is sometimes hell in the hallway. The question is, should that stop you?

I have not stopped and I will not stop. I will still keep going on. When I face a dead end, I simply look at rear view mirrors and back up and move on looking for another pathway that leads to my destination. Perhaps, this is why I have not faced many failures. I have always had a Plan B prepared and awaiting execution. 

Failures have quite rarely made me sad. Of course, I question the way I’d taken and scrutinize it. Well, how else will I learn? I am human, so I have felt sad, but not due to the failure, but for the fact that I need to start over again and this shall take time and patience. Patience is in my control. Time is not.

Like everything in this world has a limit, even trials do. There is only so much you can do. Trials that I have faced in life have made my life livelier and me, stronger. Failures have made me humble. The only optimist consolation that keeps me going is that I don’t mind being a failure as I have tried and failed but not failed to try. 

Photo by Ajey Padival 
Copyright © Ajey Padival 2010 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)


13 responses:

CiCi said...

Your photo is a good shot even though I do not care for spiders. Smile.
I never even thought of having a Plan B going through life. Maybe some things would not have been so difficult if I had. But like you I needed to go through life my way. Learning from my own mistakes and successes. I like some of your phrases: Courage is not necessarily the roar from within; Patience is in my control, time is not; Failures have made me humble. Those are really good. Great ending, love the last sentence. Good for you to learn and keep striving to live life to the fullest the best way you know how. For me, I have never felt limited by one or two or even three choices. Unlimited choices are awaiting. Perhaps that too has been a problem, too many choices in my life. Ha.

Cynthia said...

Hello Ajeey, you are sooo mature
for someone your age. We have
essentially the same outlook on
life.
1. God will open another window,
often more suited to your
personality.
2. Yes, your right examine the
failure and find out what happened
on an objective level.
3. Stay humble. Which you my
dear are.

Thank you for getting me to
think again about failing better.

Eva said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Where does giving up get us? It isn't worth it. When you say this...

"I don't mind being a failure as I have tried and failed but not failed to try."

... those are words I want to live by.

Lady Whispers said...

This is so true! I have been through such tribulations myself where i reached a dead end but then I am more of a persons who see cons first so i have a plan B beside always....thankfully i do ...everyone human breaks once a while , the key is to get up and strike again!
Love ur attitude towards life...I am sure one day our trials will have limit too!

findingmywingsinlife said...

hmm..you're acumens are maybe more insightful than you realize. You're touching on things that many people can relate to here, Ajey. I must admit I really liked the line,"I would like to think that between the two doors, the two choices,that are offered there is sometimes hell in the hallway. The question is, should that stop you?"

I think that's the point- it shouldn't ever stop anyone should it...:) Keep up the writings, I think you are doing wonders with them!

Opaque said...

@TechnoBabe - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Cynthia - Thanks!!! Well, I try my level best to live a good life. Sometimes, I make flaws, but I do not hesitate to correct myself and keep on living.

Opaque said...

@Eva - Thanks!!

Opaque said...

@Scribbling Girl - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@findingmywingsinlife - Thanks, you.

Wendilea said...

You have a great philosophy here and it is a timely message. So glad I am in your company as I face my own private struggles and past failures that haunt me from time to time. Trying to enjoy the now in patience and humility. You are a blessing Opaque!

Opaque said...

@Wendilea - Thanks! That is a huge complement!

Shadow said...

i refer to it as a survival mechanism. some people have it, some don't. i don't even have a theory where it comes from, because even with brothers and sisters, growing up in the same household, you will see one have it and the other not. interesting post. and i'm glad to see you have 'it'!