Monday, November 17, 2008

Hurts the Paradise


[Unclear radio reception: Attention! One more para dies. One more para dies. Attention!...](fades to intro.)

In a cold foggy morning
I get up and take her call
I enter, a stranger to my land
It’s this land I call homeland
And, I’m glad seeing the horizon arise
I hope to feel like home

(I see) The kings of beasts grumble and growl where
Trueness’s uprooted and pride’s been scarred
Crusades for the crest will forever go on
To own their noble crimson crown

There! They stay! waiting for a drop to drip!
There! They stay! waiting for the tide to subside!
There! They stay! waiting for the blood to flood!
There! They stay! waiting for a chance to snatch!

Turning back to where a house was a home
Saline, crystalline drops flow out
Conscience betrayed by fatal desire
Hurts the paradise

My heart melts as my home burns - whisper

In a cold fuggy morning
I wake up and take her call
I exit, a stranger to my land
It’s this land I called homeland
And, I’m sad seeing the horizon sink
I just didn’t feel like home

[Radio: Negative, “no solution possible”, I repeat...one more para dies, I repeat, one more para dies...still counting] (Transition to music)

Mistakes are re-done putting all at stake
As the ice on the fire keeps thawing
One can do nothing, but I say
One, could do one thing

Into her arms we ran to
The only safe space in this unsafe place
Now that she’s gone
There’s no more dawn

(Musical scale changes)

Turning back to where a house was a home
Saline, crystalline drops dry out
Conscience betrayed by fatal desire
Hurts the paradise

Copyright © Ajey Padival 2008 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Song used by Deapth Crisis

8 responses:

Khaled KEM said...

I wanted to ask you Ajey if you rhyme your songs while writing them. I guess it is the case. Do you pout the melodies as well or it is just the lyrics.

Opaque said...

@Drive-thru
I do not intentionally rhyme it because I write for the heavier or more hardcore genres which do not necessarily need rhyming.

As of now they are lyrics (intended to be songs). I have got some bands who are using these lyrics to transform them to songs.

Anonymous said...

I remember you telling me about this!! This one is a really good number from you!!
No rhyming yet nice works again and again!!

Opaque said...

@Saadi - Yea, this is the one I spoke to you about.

Thanks!!!

sudharm baxi said...

"Attention! One more para dies. One more para dies. Attention!..."

"There! They stay! waiting for a drop to drip!"

"Turning back to where a house was a home"

With just a little more effort this song can be used to raise awareness towards Global Warming. Such a lovely read.

Opaque said...

@sudharm baxi - True!!! Thank you!!!

thoughts said...

fabulous.

Opaque said...

@thoughts - Thank you!!!