Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Get Away


(Bass Solo + Keyboard w/o drums)

Clouds fly by with the winds in the sky
Another day goes by and I wonder if
Anything has changed as
Dark turns to light, light turns to dark

(Guitars begin)

All the staring and sparing I get
Is doing me no good, (hmm)
He asks me about my feelings
“How was your day?”
He knows but he still digs deep

He scribbles for a price, for the
Numb expressions of this depression
“A minor concussion”, he says
All will be well, huh, "it’s hard for you
to feel these feelings"

(Drums begin)

I want to

Get away,
Got to get away from here
Get away,
Got to fade, vanish from here

I take some of it to block
Some to recall
I know as I’m
Cutting myself with a two-faced razor
I know as I’m

Close to the time
Now, that I’m awake
Thanks doc, but your words were fake
Fingers I ‘d pointed
Point back at me

I’ve covered the past to
Uncover the future, but the
Headless pics of yours that I see
Makes it hard to bury, so
I think about ways to

Get away,
Got to get away from here
Get away,
Got to get away from here

(Guitar solo)
(Drums stop)
(Guitar + Bass + Piano)
(Piano stops)
(Drums begin)

Got to get out of here
Get away from here

What do you want now?

(Instrumentals – 45 seconds)

Get out of here
Go away from here

(Softer Instrumentals)
(Bass solo)
(All instruments stop except Bass EXTRO)

Got to escape, fade, vanish (SPOKEN)
Die (WHISPER)


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2007 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by Zarda

18 responses:

The Write Girl said...

Hey Brosreview,

I like your song. You capture the emotions we all feel at times. Sometimes it's good to "Get Away"
I also like your picture. Goes well with the song.

Opaque said...

@The Write Girl - Thank you!!! Yes, it is true that sometimes it is ideal to get away.

Make Me Disappear said...

Ajey,

This is bang on.

"I’ve covered the past to
Uncover the future"

Liked it

Opaque said...

@Make Me Disappear - Mate, you have used the right word there "Bang on!".

Mate, if you were here, I would have played a few tunes I have in me mind for this one.

Quite happy with this one!!!

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

In the first verse I would drop the 'as' to the following line, but you know I am reading this as a Poem not song lyrics, so forgive my thoughts. As they are just those.
'Numb expressions of this depression' Love this line, you.I'm going to pinch it! Teasing.

Rikkij said...

I really like the feel of this one, goes down easy like a good drink. Great pic too. ~Rick

Opaque said...

@SarahA - Hmm, you are right. But, you see, as you sing it the word "as" gets smudged any ways. So, I left it there.

Thank you!!!

Opaque said...

@Rikkij - Thank you!!!

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Nice and the photo is a wonderful piece of work.

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with:
"I want to

Get away,
Got to get away from here
Get away,
Got to fade, vanish from here"
Nice song.

Saadi said...

A Psyche Ward runaway artist could have this as his/her anthem!! ;)

Kidd'in!

It'll be great to hear it sung!

Opaque said...

@thepoetryman - Thank you!!!

Opaque said...

@Meena - Thank you!!!

Opaque said...

@Saadi - Haha, thank you!!!

Judith Ellis said...

I love the opening. There is a disturbing quality about the words of this song. Getting away to where and by what means? There is also an inner vision coloring the outside world, real or imagined. Why is there often an overwhelming sense of egotism and selfishness of those who seek to harm themselves? The outside world often does not exist. The emotions here are not new to many; they are indeed true i.e., unrequited love, escapism etc. But it's all about how we handle them. It's not about what we feel, but how we deal. Perhaps set to a melody the words would be more sympathetic. I am less empathetic to the voice here, although I understand it. Again, a melody may make all the difference.

Opaque said...

@Judith - Very well put Judith. And, I agree with you. And, I intend the music to be favouring the lead here aka favouring the wrong one this time.

Shadow said...

yes! get away from it all. everyone needs that at some stage or another... this is GOOD

Opaque said...

@Shadow - Yea, umm, some feel the need to get it off rather than confronting it.

Thank you!!!