Monday, April 5, 2010

common Man


(No Drums)
(Guitars)

Calm the swirling cycle
The endangering spectacle
Soothe the arrogance now
And, convince that it’s not your fight

(Strings + Guitar w/o drums)

I notice the gesture
And, I listen to the whisper
When you cry your lies
Up high into the skies

(DUAL VOICE)
You’re a stranger

With a dagger
But, I bother
Again, as I witness
Your lies

Your allies

(Strings + Guitar with drum roll)
(Drums stop)

How should I react to what I observe?

(Guitar + Piano + SFX w/o drums)
(Strings + Guitar w/o drums)

Turn away, look away, you poor human
Run away, you common Man
Move away, from this existence
I’m sparing my will
As I walk away 


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2007 (Brisbane, Australia; +61434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by roofstalker 

Song for the week: This is an energetic guitar instrumental from Joe Satriani called "Surfing with the alien".  


12 responses:

Strawberry Girl said...

Heartbreaking darling, that someone could continue to fight against such care and concern... the theme that you have laid down here reminds me so much of the struggle that each of us face at times when we come across unfaithful friends. Brilliantly outlined, and indeed heartwrenching!

itsyvitsy said...

I saw this as a higher power looking down upon his own creation, who has clearly forgotten that he was made by him and that he can see through the lies of a common man.

Also, I see a picture of people living a lie. They think they are living, but actually they are living for someone else, some other life, almost killing the soul within.

I see that the perspectives that this song opens are various. There are different layers to it, each one having a clear message. Awesome lines. :-)

The Write Girl said...

I really like this piece and love the imagery. It does appear that there is a higher power looking down on the common man. Or perhaps it could be our conscience judging us. It's intriguing and full of layers. Nicely written.

island of peace said...

very soulful one.

findingmywingsinlife said...

hmmm...I will have to come back to this one. There is more here than meets the eye and I'm willing to bet that what looks obvious, isn't. Nicely done here!

Walker said...

I love the message, i see myself in it
Great as always

Opaque said...

@Straweberry Girl - Yes, honey! You nailed it! Muwah! Muwah!

Opaque said...

@Vittalsdas - You are right mate! Thanks!

Opaque said...

@The Write Girl - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@island of peace - Thanks

Opaque said...

@findingmywingsinlife - Thanks!

Opaque said...

@Walker - Thanks!