Saturday, September 10, 2011

They


(Drum SOLO)

These words leak from my heart to the pavement
Take it as my feelings, or just a statement
The things you do, I don’t do the same
So, before you do what you do
Keep your hands clean

(Pain BEGINS)

The cold reality
Is often dismissed
Ease of mind relies on your imagination

Believe in my words, not others
I can bring a better day
And, help you from crumbling

(Bass BEGINS)

Fantasies are palaces of sand
They fill empty hours in life
And, they, they listen and say they things they have not felt

The star says a different tale
Feelings, they know not
Yet, they speak

Tomorrow is a day
A chance to live your dream
Today is a possibility
To live your dream

In love with a stranger
Unaware of the danger
I pour my heart out

But, in these moments
I ask myself
Did I let her see the stranger in me?

(Piano SOLO)

He is first to be there around
When hands turns to claws
You will see the flaws
And

Me.
(Instrumentals – 4 minutes)

(VOICE OVER)
“Judge Not, That Ye Be Not Judged”

(Strings BEGIN)

So, I say
I will never stop running
Running
Running
Running
Running
After my dreams
Chase away my screams

I will never, ever
Stop running
Without a map
Without a doubt
I know these things
Better than the ones who judge me

(Choir AH)

This is the time
To hold her hands
And, find out about me
The stranger in me

I entered through the door
The door I cannot remember
I will leave happily
Through the window

(Guitar BEGINS)

And, there the sun shines
The faces in the mirror
Will be revealed to you
If only, you’d trust him

(Bass EXTRO)


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2011 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by SNIK

3 responses:

The Write Girl said...

Hi AJ,

This piece makes me reflect so much on identity and the many different sides to one person. Some of the verses also ring poetic. Wonderful writing as always.

Lady Whispers said...

Wow I loved this song...there is something in it makes me so go in depth of a person and know it....wonderful piece this is :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Tough to keep the hands clean, I think! To me, you're not a stranger at all. Everyone in flawed, but not all will admit it! Again You make me remember my "Livin' on Dreams" tune. Similar theme.
In thru the door out thru the window? Sneaking about?
Interesting piece