Friday, March 20, 2009

Nocturnal Emission


(Instrumental INTRO – 1 minute)
(Music stops)
(Piano and Strings w/o drums)

Tell me,
Is this fair?
Confined to a box
Every Sunday morning
The bat outside the window
More than one inside my mind
The angel has fallen down
Now, the stranger makes the rules

(Piano, Guitar and Bass w/o drums)

“Tell me”,
She smartly asks me
Defiling my innocence
Speechless, I stay with
Abraham in my head
And, the devil in my bed
The wind from the east is never coming
So, I’ll stay here being afraid

(Drums begin)

This head is filled with mystic themes
Leaving me with my shrieking screams

Eyes pierce the air
In despair
We repeat the lines again
Down on our knees
Trying to feel the breeze
Falling into the
Garden of Eden

Nocturnal emission
Thought control
They read my mind
And, discuss my palm

I feel discomfort
I feel inebriate
This drive is uncertain
And, it’s driving me crazy

I’m living the mystic theme
Is this a nightmare? Or, is this a dream?
Shame and sadness
Adding to this misery

“Hi, I am (beep). I am here due to my disease, a condition.
A disease that everyone has but don’t admit to.
A longing for that something extra. Materialistic pleasure
is quite fatal. Be happy with what you have. The more you seek,
the more deeper into trouble you get into. I need less but I want more.”
(spoken)

(Music stops)

“And, this is normal”

(Piano and Guitar w/o drums)

Reaching for the floor
Gaping at the rood
I search for understanding
I am not allowed to speak
I’ve become a refuge
To this colourful fantasy
Should I light another candle
To fear these demons away

(Drums begin)
(Instrumental – 2 minutes)
(Drums stop)
(Strings + Piano only)

Another Sunday morning
My skin is inside out
Visions in my head, and I’m mourning

(Drums and Guitars begin)

A delicious book to read
Is with me, in my hand
This conscience is lost to quicksand
It’s a shame for me to pray now
As I am

Bleeding in resentment

I risk salvation
By bleeding
I escape isolation
By bleeding

(Guitar solo + Instrumental – 4 minutes)

I tell the box to
Rid me off my dark actions
And, the voice tells me
These desires are in my mind
So, I still hear to them
But, I shall never listen

(Drums stop)
(Strings + Piano only)

This drive is quite certain
Still, it drives me crazy
Tell me, is this fair?
Isn’t this normal?


Copyright © Ajey Padival 2009 (Brisbane, Australia; +61-434360675; ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image by Ajey Padival

14 responses:

Shadow said...

this is something very few realise, even sense, much less achieve. the voices that speak to me in my dreams, in nightly hours, they have what it seems, that takes me down roads to peace and content, avoid the chaos of the material world. you have outdone yourself!

Opaque said...

@Shadow - Oh, thank a lot!!! I hope I continue to.

And, yea, I agree with the voices in the night that take one to peace and contentment.

Rikkij said...

Another Sunday mornin'-Sunday fits so well in anything. You were clickin on this one. best leave it alone. great stuff. ~Rick

Opaque said...

@Rikkij - Thank you!!!

joaquin carvel said...

i really like this one - i want to hear it. do you record these?

Opaque said...

@joaquin carvel - Coming from you, then this must be good. Thank you!!!

Unfortunately, I am not very good at playing these instruments. So, I have the notes in me mind. Just looking for an appropriate band to approach.

Well, there are a few other songs being worked upon.

The Write Girl said...

Amazing song Brosreview. One of my favorites that I've read yet.
That would be awesome if you can find a band to play your music. It would be great to hear some of these songs. There are poetic and powerful words in this piece.

Make Me Disappear said...

Damn! I loved it...It's more then perfect..Please send me a copy if you ever record this one...

"This head is filled with mystic themes
Leaving me with my shrieking screams"

Can relate to these lines very much

Opaque said...

@The Write Girl - Thanks a lot!!! Yea, I shall find one soon. And, when I do, I shall share the recording here.

Opaque said...

@Make Me Disappear - Thanks a lot!!!

Josephine said...

Great song Ajay!! It's so honest! Not many have the courage to call out what they think. My favorite line:
"The more you seek,
the more deeper into trouble you get into"
Ain't that the truth!
-Alex

Opaque said...

@Alexandra Garland - Yea, it is true!!! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Now I like this one more than the other I just read.
It might me reading this totally wrong (I am different don't forget and anyways eveyone sees, hears and feels things differently), but I see it like being at confession. That's the image I get as a whole.
Soul searching, you.

Opaque said...

@SarahA - True!!! Thank you!!!